In version 3 of our tests, updated for Q2 2019, we concluded that the Fyland Tactical Flashlight, 1200 Lumens LED Flashlight... is the best tactical flashlight for the AR 15. With a strength of 1200 lumens and a 3 hour battery life behind it, it tops our polls. We also loved the slightly cheaper Ulako Green Red White Light 300 Yards Range Flashlight... for a red light output that was capable of hitting 5 hours of continuous use – perfect for night-time hunting.
Top-Rated AR-15 Tactical Flashlights
- Ultra Bright - 1200 Lumens via CREE XPL V6 LED and long run-time for 4 hours, beam distance up to 200 meters. Ideal for anyone working in security or someone who spends a lot of time in survivalist environments, hun or camping trips in the wilderness.
- Durable - Tough body that is made from Aluminum Alloy, making it extremely durable and strong, with IP65 rating water resistant to handle various environments & weather conditions.
- 2 Kinds of Switches - Fyland flashlight comes with two switches, one of regular button switch and one of tail cap switch for optimum accuracy.
- Lightweight polymer frame
- Very bright lightweight flashlight
- Strobe feature
- Three different light settings
- Mount included with flashlight setup
Some people consider this the best tactical flashlight for the money. With a low cost and a host of features, this tactical flashlight can give you the edge you need when hunting with your AR-15. The C4 LED is actually 3-4 times brighter than High Flux LEDs. This light features up to 1200 Lumens and can run up to three hours at a time. Its design allows for quick, one-headed use or constant operation. It also has strobe settings and is compact enough to not overpower the firearm.
- Updated product since January 1, 2020, included green light bead, red light bead, white light bead, flashlights, pressure switches, batteries, chargers and quick release mount.
- Interchange 3-color LED Modules: 3 different color lights are included in the hunting set--red light, white light and green light , can meet all need when you are searching for different targets in various hunting situations. Modules are easy to load and unload.
- Effective lighting distance, white light 300 yards, green light and red light 250 yards.
This unit is one of the top-rated tactical flashlights. Typically coming in cheaper than the streamlight, this unit is a great blend of features and affordable price. It’s designed to illuminate up to 250 yards away with up to 350 Lumens of red light. The red light allows it to continue running for up to 4.5 hours. This unit is an ideal inclusion in any tactical flashlight review list. For about the price of a nice meal for 2, you can successfully hunt all kinds of animals at night, including predators and wild pigs. It’s just under half a pound, making it light enough for regular use.
- Easy to mount
- Very affordable price
- Illuminates significant distance
- Red light won’t alert your prey
- Great for hunting predators
- Equipped with the Cree XM-L U2 500 lumens LED, this is one of the brightest Lights you can mount on your rifles
- Comes with a constant on button switch and a momentary on pressure switch for different tactical need
- The bundle includes a Picatinny/Weaver single Rail mount, ready to be installed
This unit offers up to 500 Lumens, making it one of the brightest options around. Depending on your needs, that could be a great feature. It has been a constant on and pressure on switch, as well as a mount that makes it ready for quick installation on your rifle. The design of this tactical flashlight aims to make it recoil-proof and water resistant. For those with a bigger budget, this is a good option to consider.
- Incredibly bright light
- Longevity even with heavy use
- Has a professional look
- Slim and lightweight design
- Easy to mount on an AR-15
- EXCELLENT FITMENT- For full size pistols, shot gun and rifle accessory rails. DOES NOT FIT SUBCOMPACT MODELS
- VERSATILE MODES – Featuring two versatile settings—steady and strobe—each mounted light easily switches between pinpointing or disorienting your focused target.
- MULTIPURPOSE DESIGN – Compact, lightweight and featuring a quick-release mount feature and tactical bezel, it’s a perfect tactical light for, security, or bodyguards.
It works with rifle accessory rails and has both steady and strobe lighting options. It can both pinpoint and disorient your target. It’s lightweight because it’s made of aircraft-grade aluminum. That also means it’s durable. Unlike many lights that use batteries, this unit is rechargeable, which could be an attractive feature, depending on your needs.
- Affordable option
- Durable aluminum casing
- Push button holds up to regular use
- Holds up to heavy use and drops
- Bright light in both modes
- TacFire official product, made to withstand heavy recoil , 6061 T6 aluminum body with matte black finish, ring mount attaches to weaver/Picatinny mount rail systems
- 150 lumen Cree LED gives you 50x longer life span than standard flashlight bulbs and 10x more battery life
- On/Off activation either via push button end cap or with remote curly cord activation switch
For those on a tight budget, this unit could be a good choice. It features up to 150 Lumens, while the LED bulbs ensure that you don’t totally drain the battery. It has both a push-button end cap and a curly cord activation switch for remote control. At 4.8 ounces, this lightweight and compact unit offers affordable reliability in the woods. Those just learning about tactical lights could find this to be a great starter option.
- Two switch options
- Great intensity in smaller beam
- Metal construction
- Great, low price
- Very compact
Tactical Lights Take Your Hunting and Security to the Next Level
If you have any reason to believe you’ll need to use your gun in a dark situation, it’s a good idea to look into these tactical AR-15 flashlights. One will likely fit your needs and your budget, and it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
How A Flashlight for Your Firearm Helps You Hunt
A properly placed tactical flashlight on your AR-15 can help ensure you’re ready for action in all kinds of scenarios. Whether your situation involves hunting at night or home defense during a storm or power outage, a tactical flashlight can offer improved vision and better aim in low visibility situations.
The light will shine down the barrel, illuminating the exact spot where you’re aiming. Some people find this feature helpful even in medium- or full-light situations. However, not all tactical lights offer the same benefit. You need to identify the features you need before making a purchase.
Strong Light Is a Must-Have
If you’re going to see the beam during the day, you’ll need a strong light. The same is true for those who will rely on the tactical flashlight to illuminate a shot at night. Looking at both reviews and reported Lumens for a flashlight could help you determine if the beam will be bright enough to help.
The focus or size of the beam is also a consideration. Those hunting late at night may prefer a loose beam that covers more area, while those using the light for aim improvement in low-light scenarios may want a tighter focus. Consider your personal hunting style and preferences when making this purchase.
Longevity Is Also Critical for Hunters
What good is the best tactical flashlight if its batteries die before you lay eyes on your target? You need to know you can depend on the unit as a whole, as well as the light source and the batteries to perform for as long as you need them. Carrying replacements takes up valuable space in your gear.
Consider how long you intend to hunt overall, as well as how long each of your hunting or shooting sessions will likely be. Factors you need to consider include:
- how long you will use it
- the weather during hunting season
- whether you need it for hunting or defense
- the overall weight and size
There are many other factors to consider as well, such as weight, size, and even appearance. Some of these considerations reflect personal preferences, while others are use-critical, depending on your needs.
Choosing the right tactical flashlight for your AR-15 doesn’t have to be a chose. This tactical flashlight review will help you understand which options on the market are best for your situation. These five tactical flashlights all have benefits that could help you improve your hunting and skill with your AR-15.
Our Pick for the Best Tactical Flashlight for the AR-15
- C4 LED 2-3X brighter than High Flux LED! 4,800 candela peak beam intensity; 120 Lumens
- Attaches to any Picatinny /Mil Spec or Weaver Rail
- Run time up to 3 hours