Most of you want a traditional camping experience where you just sit in front of the campfire and talk about different stories. The truth is that with the advent of technology, we always have gadgets with us no matter where we go. Some people are still thinking about their jobs when camping, while some of you might be waiting for an important call.
Looking for the best portable solar panels for camping is a must because it will guarantee that your mobile phones, laptops, and other gadgets will never run out of power while you are camping or hiking. Thus, we found some of the best solar panels you can buy to help you out during emergencies.
- 1 Best Portable Solar Panels for Camping
- 2 Conclusion
Best Portable Solar Panels for Camping
There are so many ways to charge your mobile phones and other gadgets, but having a portable solar panel can resolve a lot of power issues. If you have one with you, you won’t have any problems with your gadgets, and you can use them continuously without being worried about a dead battery. Here is a review of three of the best solar panels that you can buy.
1. Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger
The Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger is your ultimate partner when you are far from home. It has three highly efficient panels that can help you recharge your gadgets. It is incredibly portable, so you can bring it on your short- and long-distance trips.
This product comes with a micro-USB cable and an instruction manual. When it comes to the charging panel, here is what it can offer:
- High-Efficiency: The Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger features three monocrystalline solar panels that are actually based on SunPower Maxeon technology. This will enable you to reach approximately 21 to 24 percent conversion efficiency and still provide enough power.
- Smart IC Chip Technology: This advanced technology helps detect the electronic devices plugged in the charger’s USB ports. This will guarantee that you can charge two phones properly and there won’t be any overheating issues while doing it.
- Easy to Carry: The Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger is extremely easy to carry and it is not too large that it will take a lot of space. The dimensions are 6.3x 11.1x 1.06 inches when it is folded while its weight is approximately 17.3 ounces. You can easily put it inside your backpack.
- Perfect for Outdoors: The Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger is perfect for outdoors since it can withstand severe weather conditions and outdoor elements. It has a PET polymer cover that will guarantee that the portable solar panels will have an IPX4 level of protection.
- High-speed charging
- Water and dust resistant
- Compatible with a lot of devices
- Does not store power
2. ROCKPALS 100W Foldable Solar Panel Charger
This 100W foldable solar panel charger is one of the best products that ROCKPALS has. It is a four-fold solar panel charger compatible with most of the solar generators on the market right now.
The Rockpals 100W Foldable Solar Panel Charger is definitely a game-changer when you are camping or hiking because of the following features:
- Three USB Smart Charging Technology: The Rockpals 100W Foldable Solar Panel Charger has a built-in smart IC chip that can identify the devices connected to the solar panel charger. It will maximize its charging speed and protect the devices from overheating and overcharging.
- High Conversion Efficiency: This charger is popular because of its solar arrays that can convert up to 23.5% of solar power into energy.
- Water-Resistant: The portable solar panel is made from durable Oxford cloth. It is water-resistant, except its junction box. It is capable of enduring various weather conditions, so it is ideal for outdoor usage.
- Foldable Design: The charger features a foldable design, so it is very convenient to carry anywhere you want. Once folded, the solar panel will have a dimension of 20.5 x 14.2 x 2.6 inches.
- Can charge multiple devices
- Fast charging
- Safe to use
- Wide range of compatibility
- The junction box is not waterproof
3. Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable Solar Panel
No matter where you are, no matter where you go, Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable Solar Panel will provide the power that you need to keep your gadgets working.
This portable solar panel is currently one of the best in the market because of the following features:
- High Conversion: The Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable Solar Panel has a high conversion rate of 23%. Also, it is currently using the most up-to-date solar cell innovations that make the panels efficient and reliable.
- More Solar Energy: This portable solar panel features two adjustable kickstands. This kickstand will allow the solar panels to adjust and get a better angle so that it can get more sunshine and store more power.
- Foldable and Portable: The Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable Solar Panel weighs around nine pounds, making it very portable. Since it is not too heavy, you can carry it anywhere you go, and there is also an easy-carry handle. You can fold the solar panels and keep it inside your backpack for safekeeping.
- Storage Pouch: The Jackery SolarSaga also includes a storing pouch for the charging cord. The storing pouch will make sure that the charging cord will be protected while you are traveling.
- Storage pouch included
- High conversion
- Very expensive
The best portable solar panels for camping are not too hard to find, but you need to be very meticulous when it comes to the features. Some people might find it hard to find a good one because the features are usually techy and hard to understand. You can always ask for help if you don’t understand what a specific feature means.
Among the three, the ROCKPALS 100W Foldable Solar Panel Charger tops the list because it is affordable and the features are superb compared with the other two products on the list. If you are looking for something of value, then ROCKPALS will be a good choice for you.